ose savoir!

Les plus grands, ce sont ceux qui ont su donner aux hommes l'espoir.

2.10.2008

Our Gite

My mom wanted to rent a hotel in Limoux, but one of the professors suggested to me that we rent a gite instead. A gite is a vacation home that the owners rent out during the year. It was the perfect solution. Everyone had their own rooms. We had a kitchen, table, and TV area. AND it was cheaper then renting a hotel. The one Mme Ferini helped me choose was about 8 kilometers outside of Limoux in a small town called Villalongue. It also helped my family experience life in France at every level: a village like Villalongue, a small town like Limoux, a bigger small town like Carcassonne, a small city like Arles, and finally large cities, Lyons et Paris. The first night we blew a fuse, but for our troubles the proprietor gave us two bottles of Blanquette. I'd say it was worth it. hah. Here are a few pictures of the gite:




My parents room. They didn't make their bed! Shame, shame.









This is the day bed out in the hallway. Sometimes we would find Matt here in the morning if his back had been bothering him the night before.

My bed!

Matt and I's room. We kept switching beds because Matt's back didn't like any of the beds.

No comments: