ose savoir!

Les plus grands, ce sont ceux qui ont su donner aux hommes l'espoir.

8.21.2007

My Savior

Since my last post I have been in correspondence with Emily, Limoux's previous English language assistant, and she has been an absolute life saver! Here's what I've learned from her so far...
  • Limoux is indeed a small town, but that there are many opportunities to get involved with sport clubs such as tennis and kayacking. She also said the area is great for hiking and cycling. It sounds almost like Athens and Hocking Hills...maybe this won't be too much of a change after all :)
  • My room in the Interat will include a single bed, desk and chair,TV, internet connection, ensuite bathroom with shower, and toilet and sink
  • I won't have access to a kitchen save a microwave and fridge, but I can eat the majority of my meals (for a small fee) in the school's cafeteria. A French cafeteria--I'm interested to see what this is like and what food they prepare...
  • Carcassonne is an easy commute from Limoux, and there are more English assistants located there (and a better young adult social scene) , should I chose to rent a room somewhere else on the weekends as she did
  • The weather last year was fairly mild until a short cold spell with some snow in December. In January it began to warm up and they were going to the beach by March/April.
  • I have to do my own laundry outside of the school, but if I choses to use the bedding the schools provides, they will wash it for me.

She gave me many other tips and recomendations on things like where to shop, which bank to use, etc, but I don't want to put you to sleep. Suffice it to say that she has been incredibly helpful and I sleep a lot easier at night knowing that if I have any crises I can ask her what she did or for her advice. She's been super about getting back to me in a timely matter as well. She also offered to let me stay with her if I decided to fly to London, which was very nice. Preparations are advancing very nicely...

No comments: