ose savoir!

Les plus grands, ce sont ceux qui ont su donner aux hommes l'espoir.

11.10.2007

Kilmore Abbey

I tried to be artsy with this photo.


The chapel, just a ten minute walk from the abbey. Isn't it pretty?

Close-ups of flowers from the garden that I liked.



Me in my new scarf and hat that I bought on the Aran Islands. You can't tell, but there is a clover at the bottom of each side of the scarf. It's very pretty. Yay, for having a new pompom hat! Remind me not to lend this one to you, Creech. Or you, Steph. JK. <3

The abbey. Currently the nuns run a girls school in the building.




The gardens were pretty, but it is hard to be impressed after the likes of Versailles and Villandry. What I did find very interesting though involves the wall of hedges in the middles of this picture. It was considered improper for the lady of the house to see the kitchen (vegetable) gardens and to see the gardeners at work so these tall hedes were grown to seperate the flower gardens from the kitchen gardens. That way the lady could stroll in the gardens without seeing all of her staff hard at work to prepare her meals.

No comments: