ose savoir!

Les plus grands, ce sont ceux qui ont su donner aux hommes l'espoir.

12.11.2007

Toulouse: La ville rose


Toulouse is called La Ville Rose because all of the buildings are made of red brick giving the town a very warm, pink feel/look. It's gorgeous. One of the most beautiful towns I have been to so far--especially in autumn.



Hotel de Ville

Close up of the hotel de ville


Looking down into the Crypts.

I really liked the design on the top of this fence. It was in the church dividing the main sanctuary from a chapel in the rear section. I'm sure there are technical terms here the I am lacking. I know, I'm a horrible catholic. Sorry, I went to public school, gasp...



They had intricately carved chairs like this bordering the alter in all the churches in Ireland as well. Someone knowledgeable should explain to me who they are for.

Yeah, my camera doesn't take good pictures in the dark, and I can't hold it still enough to use the night slow exposure setting. This is supposed to be the alter, if you can discern it.

Another pictures of those mysterious chairs. Knights? Deacons? Important guests? Royalty? Your guess is a good as mine.

Stairway leading up to the alter.



Big organ. The norm in France.





Artistic shot of Heather walking out of the canal to the river!

good healthy tourism.



So pretty. You can tell why it is called the ville rose.

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. I want to live here. There is a big university in Toulouse, maybe I will have to look into it's programs...


This picture doesn't really do them justice, but the stations of the cross in this church were marvelous.




My favorite picture that I have taken in France so far. Click on it to view a larger version. Very typical. I love triangle buildings...we just don't have that in our carefully plotted and planned grid-like cities.
A spice merchant at one of the markets we went to.


Every town has it's arch, it's war memorial. This is Toulouse's.


Chin chin!

I have fallen in love with wrought iron balconies. I WILL have one. It is now up there on the list with a bay window seat and a floor to ceiling bookshelf. This is me on the balcony of our hotel room.










A local beauty school was having a fashion show to display hairstyles. It was very...interesting...




There were a lot of people doing random things like juggling in the square where the fashion show was taking place.






No comments: